Saturday, February 26, 2011

Reflection on Integrating Technology: Final Post

When developing my GAME plan, the NETS_T helped me become more conscious of the use of the 21st century skills. Also, when developing my GAME plan, I felt accountable to the goals I set. Since I teach special education students, I thought setting goals to customize and personalize learning activities was important because of their diverse learning styles. The digital tools are an excellent way to meet my student’s diverse needs.

Trying to accomplish the goals in my GAME plan I learn that technology integrated lessons really help with achievement. For my students to use Excel, Power, and Publisher, it would be a benefit that I have a basic knowledge of those tools. Learning the basics of Excel also improved my professionalism in the class. I will continue to use these new technology skills because it will improve my student’s chances as being successful citizens as they enter the real world.

Planning and incorporating Project Base Learning with technology into my lessons is an immediate adjustment that should be done. Cennamo. Ross, Ertmer (2009,) noted the first stage of the GAME plan is to set goals. In order for my students to be self directed learners, I must plan goals and set standards at a level to achieve rigor but at the same time be meaningful. I will try to use social networking in order to connect with other classrooms here and around the world with you use of blogs, wikis and the many other tools I discovered during this course.

Cennamo, K., Ross, J., & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology Integration for Meaningful Classroom Use: A Standards-Based Approach (Laureate Education

No comments:

Post a Comment